All our language learning resources! For each language, we put together articles including
- A guide to studying the language — where to get started, and what to learn
- The best resources online that we’ve actually used and tested to learn the languages, including books and websites
- Cultural notes on using a language like slang or formality
- The best tutors in that language (online, on italki)
- Resources we have made ourselves where something isn’t available
Become a Language Discoverer!
Join and get weekly easy-to-read insights into language, culture, and distant places.
General language learning strategies, tools and tips — learning efficiently and without being afraid.
Modern Standard Arabic and Dialects, including Levantine, Egyptian, and Maghrebi.
Resources for learning Chinese — mostly Mandarin (and what you should call it).
Where to learn Farsi (Persian), and resources + tools for learning it.
French — as it’s spoken in France, in Africa, in the Pacific, and by your snooty waiter.
A tiny but powerful language. Learn it and cross borders. (But learn Arabic too!)
So you can dance to K-pop and watch your favourite K-Drama and feel like you’re studying.
Go beyond “dos cervezas, por favor.” Everything you need to order tacos without feeling like a chump.
How and why to learn Swahili — a huge, cool African language. As Seen In The Lion King