We frequently get asked: “What’s on the itinerary?”
The answer often ends up explaining what we’re doing, and why it was so easy to say no to various job offers that have come our way.
Our focus is on intentional travel, focused on learning and immersing ourselves in new cultures. So we’ll do things like (and write about) learning languages intensively, developing new skills and becoming familiar with cultures we are unfamiliar with.
There’s a lot we want to do. But here’s what we currently have planned for 2019. It’s somewhat in flux and might be modified, but this is the plan for now.
- Egypt, to study Arabic (spoken Egyptian Arabic): Jan-Feb 2019
- Tanzania, to learn Swahili, and do some volunteer work (organization TBD) (Mar 2019)
- Kenya, to train in short-mid distance running (April 2019)
- Australia May-Jun 2019. Dana will train in ocean swimming and (re-)learn the guitar; Jo will learn the drums and do a fitness challenge.
- China Jul-Aug 2019 to train in Kung Fu and meditation at a Shaolin temple
- Indonesia in Sep-Oct 2019 to learn Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia), surf and cook Indonesian cuisine
- Cuba (or somewhere in Latin America) in Nov-Dec to learn Latin dancing
Want to know more about some of the things we have planned? Here are the three things we’re currently researching!
Here are all the things we’re going to do (or try) to learn Arabic fluently in 60 days in Egypt.… Read More
I’m Australian, and I’m terrible at swimming. This is my plan to swim an open water kilometer.… Read More